Sunday, November 14, 2010

So easily swayed....

It's true. I am easily swayed. I'm the kind of person that retailers dream of when they load up end-caps and impulse purchase isles at the check out.  Don't let them fool you.  There are PLENTY of cash register trained employees at work that day but they aren't there on register because the longer you wait in line the longer they have your attention to purchase some nonessential whoozie-whatsit or a patent pending dumafacochi.  Ah, yes the the heralded dumafacochi.  For example, it is a marvel that we have existed as a society till the day that someone came up with the fabulous "Hook, Line and Stinker".  As the name implies it is a game that you play while doing well....doing number 'two' in the loo.  Gone is the day of a little Reader's Digest during your post-digestive privacy.  Now you can spread out a floor mat and pull out your handy compact magnetic reel and go fishing for plastic fish.  I'm currently holding back about 14 really filthy jokes that are surely in bad taste over this gem.

I do love a really good impulse buy.  God bless the "As Seen On TV" brand placement at your local retailer!  I need something else to shove into the back of the closet and forget for another day.  There are plenty of fabulous options out there for a society consumed by consumerism.  We certainly don't lack an avenue for all of that disposable income we have.  I guess truth be told....I'm just mad that I didn't come up with some of those peaches where I could have made my millions!

No comments:

Post a Comment