Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Under my skin...

If only it were a sliver!  I know how to excise that annoyance.  A sharp needle and a bit of poking, some pulling and with luck it is gone.  But some things that get under your skin linger, fester, burn and spread like an insidious infection. 

You see, I'm a pretty straight shooter.  You rarely have to question where you stand with me.  I tell it how it is.  I hate cheats and scammers.  I can't stand watching charlatans benefit from the generosity of others when clearly they are looking to scam or defraud.  It is like the season brings out the best and the worst in some people.  The best in people when they would gladly give to others as they know what need means to others.  The worst in people when they take because they know others give freely to those in need.  I have heard of people coming up with a new scam every year...a new story with a new year I guess.  There are cases of real need and then these people readily take when they have no business doing so.  I wonder if they think people are still high on the holiday spirit clinging to them like the ornaments dangling on drooping tree branches yet to be packed away.

Quite frankly it makes me sick.  I give to legitimate organizations throughout the year and during this season.  I am just sickened when I hear about people taken advantage of when they were trying to do something right by another.  I hope some day those who prey upon the kindness and generosity of others find their karmic payback some day.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! But what are you referring to specifically?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too raw for me to post publicly. But it is essentially those that always reach their hands out using excuses, stories and lies to get what they want while others suffer proudly and quietly. It is a sickness. For all of us...sick for the person creating the lies and a sickness for society where we can no longer trust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...suffer proudly...I mean they keep their struggle to themselves as they are too proud to ask for help even when they really could use the boost.

    ReplyDelete