Saturday, April 9, 2011

Finding quiet time...

It has been a magic couple of weeks since I blogged last....

My days have started out like any other fantasy.  Kids waking up on time, eating their breakfasts that they didn't complain about, dressing in weather-appropriate clothing and of course this was all done in perfect silence and harmony.  My days have started out this lovely and continued throughout my days.

My 3 year old no longer subjects me to children's programming.  I no longer have to wonder why Special Agent Oso can fly a helicopter but can't seem to brush his teeth with the young child in need of his assistance.  Seriously, if you can fly a helicopter perhaps life skills should be a bit more accessible to you!  Poor Special Agent Oso.

The more remarkable find was the utter lack of dishes.  Apparently my children have discovered the dishwasher that has been a part of my home even before they themselves were a part of my home.  Dishes have been placed inside just the way I like and I didn't have to search for the bowl from someone's fruity-something-or-other cereal from that morning.  It is like searching for the Holy Grail some days.  I'm not sure if it was a game they like to play with me but no one told me the rules!  I know I win when I discover the lost relics before they congeal or emit an odor.  Altough, I have to admit, it is easier to find sometimes once the pungent stage sets in.

A miracle has happened TWICE in my bathroom.  First being the toilet.  I don't know how it happened but apparently all of the boys have discovered their full potential in terms of aim and flow!  I have yet to sit on a wet seat or have to hose down the area with the help a HAZMAT team.  The second miracle comes in the form of pairs.  Pairs of socks.  They go in the wash together and come out together.  No more hunting, no more stock piling left socks hoping the right socks would return (I imagine that it is always the right sock to blame in these situations).

It has been a wonderful few weeks since I blogged last.  If you were having the stars and planets align with this kind of perfection you would take time to enjoy it too.

Oh, yeah....I wish this was true!


To view my full blog go to: http://karen-thecupcakemommy.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment